Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The first goodbye


530 Page Pad 2
Originally uploaded by StormyPetrel.
Yesterday I began to pack up my room in the Lower Haight. I moved in here 11 months ago (March 1 of last year) and have really enjoyed living in a great apartment in a great location and especially with great roommates.

Moving out has really crystallized the reality of my impending departure. I'm going to be saying goodbye to a lot of people and places very soon. I's sad, and 12 days seems like so little time.

Hopefully, getting this move done today will make it easier to focus on enjoying the rest of my time here, instead of stressing about all the stuff I need to do to prepare for leaving. Aside from some shopping and paperwork, I'll be pretty much ready to go once this is done with.

No comments: